Friday, June 10, 2011

RRJ#1

Ornes, S.T. (2011, May 25). Sunlight worsens jet pollution. Science News, Retrieved on May 31, 2011,
 

 
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/74771/title/FOR_KIDS_Sunlight_worsens_jet_pollution__.


Summary:
         According to this article, there are a lot of planes and cars in the world. Planes and cars "add up to a lot of pollution produced" as Stephen Ormes said. Robinson is a mechanical engineer. He did a new study, with colleagues, that study was about catching and measuring that pollution. After that, they put it under the sun and measured it again. They found that the pollution was changing; they found that it's more harmfil now. They used something called "the smog chamber" to catch and measure the pollution. As a result, they found that the people who work in the airport are at risk, because they are more likely to breath the pollution. So, they will have heath problems in their future lives. Hence, the airport will be a huge problem soon.
Reaction:
       I was surprised when I read this strange artical. It's really a surprising article. I haven't ever heard information like this in my whole lofe. Anyway, pollution isn't a new issue. I know and we know that pollution is harmful and bad for us. I feel like it's a really huge problem if we didn't do anything. As I read in that article that if we put pollution under the sun the pollution will be changing. That's really surprsing me. I wonder how that happens. Even so, the main thing that I don't like in this article is what will happen to the people who work there. As I read , I understand that they will get many diseases. As a result, they will have bad health and a bad life in their future life.

No comments:

Post a Comment