Thursday, June 23, 2011

RRJ#4


Schneider, A.S.  (2011, June 21). Many Eager to Use Nano in Food, But Few Admit   It. Food Safety News, Retrieved on June 23, 2011, from http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/06/many-eager-to-use-nano-in-food-but-wont-admit-it/  
  Summary:
              In this article, the author wants to say that all things have advantages and disadvantages. On other words, he wants to say that nanotechnology isn't always good, sometimes is bad. Nanotechnology can help us to "make food seed more bug-resistant, enhance protection against pathogens, monitor spoilage or aid in traceability with food-packaging sensors or bolster flavoring and increase shelf life" as the author said . Also, it helps us keep food fresh and tasty, and it used in many areas. Hence, it may "penetrate the skin, lungs and pass through the all-important blood-brain barrier" as the writer said. Also, it causes cancer and leads to death sometimes. Additionally, nano products lead to diseases and destroy DNA. Consequently, many people in U.S are feared from nanotechnology and its effect.

Reaction:

       The first thing I would say that this article is a very important article because it discussed nanotechnology, which is important in my major. Nanotechnology is a partnership between the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and the Pew Charitable Trusts. I would say that naturally occurring nanoparticles are useful and harmless; you can find it in your food! However, when an engineering, special person, started changing nanoparticles and changing its atom, they made it not harm and useless. Actually, I got a lot of information from this article. In any case, I will research about nano, and I will try to find a method to know what’s wrong with it. Actually, in the future, I am trying to find the solution of many problems in my major because some chemical engineers have the ability to figure out what happens around him. I understand that I will accomplish my target in chemical engineering if I focus in my study and pay more attention on my major. The purpose of studying chemical engineering isn’t only to get money and job, but also to help and protect our environment and our countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment